Creamy Avocado ‘Carbonara
Write a review
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves, depending on your taste (I used 2 only)
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup of fresh herbs (I used half basil and half parsley, I’d probably opt for all parsley next time)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Pasta, to serve (2-3 serves, around 80z?)
- Begin by cooking your pasta according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by place lemon juice (not the zest), garlic and olive oil in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for those used to garnish/decorate (ie everything except walnuts, pepper, parsley for garnish, pasta and zest). Process until very smooth and creamy.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce.
- To serve, garnish with fresh parsley, pepper, lemon zest and walnuts.