Steamed Potatoes w/ Roasted Red Pepper & Chilies
Steamed baby potatoes are garnished with roasted red pepper and red chilies.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil (for finishing
- Set up a steamer. Fill with one inch of water and place over medium-high heat. Refer to the lessons on Steaming for more information, if necessary.
- For even cooking, make sure to buy potatoes that are all relatively the same size. Wash the potatoes and place into the steaming basket. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Once the water is simmering, place the basket over the pot and cover with a lid. Steam until tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes or so.
- While the potatoes are steaming, finely dice the roasted red peppers. To make your own roasted red peppers, follow Steps 1 and 2 from this recipe on Roasted Red Peppers.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the steaming basket and place into a large bowl. Add the roasted red pepper, chili flakes and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.